Chilly days call for a warm bowl of soup that warms the heart and hugs the soul. This leek, sweet potato and parsnip soup meets that demand. But wait… it’s adorned with a warm crunchy almond, garlic and sage topping that will be hard to resist.
It’s a quick and easy soup to make and the nutty topping gives it a delightful crunch. You are going to love it!
Leek, Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 liter chicken or vegetable stock, or more if you’d like a thinner soup
Almond Crunch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped finely
- 10 sage leaves, chopped fine
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the soup
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the sweet potato and parsnips onto a greased tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Saute the leeks in the ghee till they soften slightly.
- Tumble in the roasted vegetables and stir.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and carefully blend with an immersion blender.
- Keep warm.
Make the Almond crunch.
- Pour the oil into a small skillet and heat on low.
- Add the garlic, almonds and sage leaves and gently saute to release the aromas.
- Increase the heat and fry to slightly caramelize, but not burn the garlic.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the almond crunch over bowls of the warm soup.
Serve with Almond flour crackers.
For The Love of Ghee,