This is by far my most favorite thing to do with leftover rice. I made this frequently after a long day at work in New York City. Especially when I came home to a bowl full of rice left over from the night before. It’s so quick and easy to make you’re going to love it!
Egg Fried Rice
You will need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 5 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 Thai chilis, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a medium skillet, heat a teaspoon of ghee over low heat.
- Add the beaten eggs and wait for it to set before flipping it over.
- Remove the egg once it’s cooked through, it’ll happen pretty quick.
- Set the egg aside to cool, then roll into a swiss roll shape and cut into ribbons.
- Add the rest of the ghee to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high.
- Throw in the spring onion, carrots, asparagus and the bell pepper.
- Sauté, being careful not to let it burn it.
- Toss in the rice, eggs ribbons and sea salt.
- Turn up the heat and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle with Thai chilis And cilantro.
- Stir to infuse the flavors.
- Remove the rice from the heat and turn onto a plate.
- Devour immediately!
I love eating fried rice with thai chillies soaked in soy sauce or a dark sorghum vinegar. Yummy!
You may add any type of vegetables you like, as long as it cooks fast. Options include zuchini, peas, finely chopped green beans or maybe some mushrooms. The list is endless. This is pretty much a no fail recipe, add whatever spices you like to it too.
Get creative and add what makes sense to you. Listen to your body and give it what it needs. If you’re craving ginger or garlic or more onions, add it to your cooking routine. Your body is a complex being and if it’s deficient in anything, it will let you know. The key is to learning to listen to it. Try gravitating to what it needs, just don’t over do it! 😉
Rest, be happy and eat more ghee!
#ghee #goodfat #pasturegrazed #dairyfree #lactosefree #lactosefreebutter #caseinfree #glutenfree #gheeisketo #golden #liquidgold #healthyfoodporn #cleaneating #bayarea #sanfrancisco #California #eggfriedrice #recipe #rice #friedrice #spicyrice #chilli #easyrecipe #vegetarian
For the love of ghee,