I could literally ‘Fall’ into this salad, it’s so good. It’s packed with crunchy apples, toasted pecans, dried cherries and not so fall strawberries. All this crunchy goodness is tossed with a yogurt and maple dressing. It’s super refreshing and oh so tasty! Don’t blame me if you can’t stop eating this addictive salad….
Crunchy Apple and Pecan Salad
- 1/ 4 cup pecan halves
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 red apple, chopped into cubes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1 cup of strawberries, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 cup european style plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- few dashes of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked pepper
- Toast the pecans for 3 minutes and leave to cool.
In a medium bowl, toss in the lettuce, apple, cherries and toasted pecans.
Stir the yogurt, maple syrup and rice vinegar together in a small cup.
Drizzle the olive oil into the yogurt mixture and continue stirring briskly with a fork until the olive oil is finished.
Sprinkle in the salt and cracked pepper.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Pour the yogurt dressing over the lettuce mix.
Toss the salad well and serve immediately.
TIPS: Swap out the strawberries for blueberries. Toss in a few chunks of rotisserie chicken and you’re set.
It’s easy and like I said I want to teach you how to cook and eat confidently. This is a recipe that will not disappoint.
For the love of ghee,