Moist carrot cake, jam packed with crunchy nuts and succulent pineapple. Adorned with a not so sweet and tangy creamy frosting. I made this a few times already. And believe you me, it gets swiped every single time… No kidding! Try it and let me know…
Moist and Decadent Carrot Cake
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE IT
Preheat oven to 350F
- Add the following into a stand mixer bowl
1 ¼ cups safflower oil
4 large eggs, beaten
2 ½ cups carrots, grated
1 ¼ cups cane sugar
1 ½ cups pecans, roughly broken
1 cup crushed pineapples, drained (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Mix on a low speed until combined
- Add the following to the same bowl
2 ¾ cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cake spice or pumpkin spice powder
Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture
- Mix for about 30 seconds on a low speed
- Pour the cake batter into two prepared 9” round cake pans
- Bake for 25 -30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean
- Cool the cake before frosting
Cream cheese frosting Recipe
- Mix the following for a couple of minutes in a stand mixer
1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Gradually add the following, a cup at a time. Mix till smooth and thick.
2 – 3 cups icing sugar, maybe more
- If you scoop some frosting onto a butter knife, it should stick on and not fall off.
- Frost the cake and decorate with candied pecans.
1/2 cup candied pecans.
You are definitely going to enjoy this cake. It’s ultra moist and very decadent.
I got a little creative writing the recipe. Let me know what you think?