Chilly days call for a warm bowl of soup that warms the heart and hugs the soul. This leek, sweet potato and parsnip soup meets that demand. But wait… it’s adorned with a warm crunchy almond, garlic and sage topping that will be hard to resist.
It’s a quick and easy soup to make and the nutty topping gives it a delightful crunch. You are going to love it!
Leek, Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 liter chicken or vegetable stock, or more if you’d like a thinner soup
Almond Crunch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped finely
- 10 sage leaves, chopped fine
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the soup
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the sweet potato and parsnips onto a greased tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Saute the leeks in the ghee till they soften slightly.
- Tumble in the roasted vegetables and stir.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and carefully blend with an immersion blender.
- Keep warm.
Make the Almond crunch.
- Pour the oil into a small skillet and heat on low.
- Add the garlic, almonds and sage leaves and gently saute to release the aromas.
- Increase the heat and fry to slightly caramelize, but not burn the garlic.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the almond crunch over bowls of the warm soup.
Serve with Almond flour crackers.
For The Love of Ghee,
2 thoughts on “Leek, Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup with Crunchy Almond Topping”
This warm comforting soup looks delicious for this time of year. I definitely want to try it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey Tracy! You have to try it. It’s one of those recipes that so easy and the best part is you can adjust it to your taste. Hope you keeping warm over there! So good to hear from you 🙂